The Best Garden Cultivators – 2019
Garden cultivators are small tilling machines used for home gardens and small lawns. Cultivators till the soil, loosening and aerating them for planting seeds.
Cultivators may also be used for killing weeds by uprooting them or covering their leaves, preventing photosynthesis. They're a great help in maintaining your garden.
So here are the 5 best garden cultivators/tillers:
The Best Garden Tiller In 2018 - Comparison
#1 - Earthwise TC70001 - Our Choice
Our No. 1 garden tiller is an electric cultivator with dual 4-blade steel tines.
It has a cutting width of 11 inches and a cutting depth of 8.5 inches.
The Earthwise TC70001 is a very powerful tiller but at the same time lightweight.
It's easy to use on any types of soil, even through hard clay.
And best of all, it does not cost as much as other small cultivators or tillers. It's a good deal with its 8.5-Amp motor.
- Earthwise tiller with a powerful 8.5-Amp electric motor with superb run time and service life
- Corded electric tiller ideal for small to medium-sized gardens
- 4 tine cultivator long handle that can cultivate and till up to 11" wide and 8" deep
#2 - Sun Joe TJ600E
The best thing about the Sun Joe TJ600E is that it's powerful, but at the same time lightweight.
With most garden tillers, you only get to choose one, but with this model you get both power and portability.
It has four blade tines and 6.5-Amp electric motor.
It also has a cultivating width of 14 inches and a depth of up to 7 inches.
And all of these only weigh 17 pounds, so it's easy on your body. The TJ600E is great for an easy all-around tilling.
- ✅ VERSATILE: Ideal for small to mid-sized gardens and flowerbeds
- ✅ POWERFUL: Powerful 6.5-amp motor cultivates up to 14" wide x 7" deep
- ✅ DURABLE: 4 steel tilling blades for maximum durability and performance
#3 - Sun Joe TJ601E
The Sun Joe TJ601E is a powerful garden cultivator.
The 9-Amp electric cultivator has 6 steel blades that can reach up to 7 inches with 18-inch cultivating width.
This tiller also has wheels for portability.
There are other smaller tillers but this has foldable handles to make it more compact and for easy storage.
This model is perfect for quick and easy tilling even through the roughest and toughest terrain.
- Versatile: ideal for Small to medium gardens and flower beds
- Powerful: 9-amp motor cultivates up to 18" Wide x 7" Deep
- Durable: 6 Steel tilling blades for maximum durability and performance
#4 - GreenWorks 27072
The GreenWorks 27072 is a green tiller.
This cultivator is earth friendly with ZERO carbon footprint, as claimed by the manufacturer, so it's perfect for environmentally conscious gardener.
It is electrically powered, so there's no need to for those clumsy gas refills.
The GreenWorks 27072 is also quick to start.
Having electric tillers means you need to consider the electrical cord when you're working, but the 27072 has a cord holder for that.
This powerful tiller has 4 8-inch rotating tines with adjustable tilling width.
It is also compact and easy to store and transport.
It's a little more expensive than other small-scale tillers but it definitely gets the job done.
- Powerful 8 Amp Motor for reliable results with an easy electric start eliminates the need for mixing gas and hard to manage recoil cords
- (4) 8 inch forward rotating tines for highest performance when digging into earth
- Adjustable tilling width of 8.25 inches to 10 inches for quick reliable tilling; Assembly details: Assembly required, no tools needed
#5 - Sun Joe TJ599E-BLU
The Sun Joe TJ599E Aardvark is a great little tiller.
It is perfect for small gardens. It's very easy to use and maneuver around flower beds because it's lightweight.
Its handle is also ergonomically designed and can be adjusted to suit anyone.
The Aardvark's 4 steel blade tines have a 6-inch cultivating depth.
This tiller is electrically powered so you will need an extension cord.
The 2.5 amperes Aardvark Cultivator might not be enough for tougher soils, but all in all, it works quite well for the low price.
- Versatile: small gardens and flower beds
- Powerful: 2. 5-Amp motor cultivates up to 6. 3" Wide x 6" Deep
- Durable: Steel tilling blades
There were no recalls listed for any of the garden cultivators mentioned here at the time of writing (October 2017). However, it's always a good idea to check the latest information at the Consumer Product Safety Commission website before buying any large, expensive or potentially dangerous product.
Do you own any of the cultivators mentioned here? Did you choose a different one? Let us know in the comments!